Health Care Interpreting and International Health Service Management
Master of Health Care Interpreting and International Health Service Management at the International University of Health and Welfare (IUHW) is the only master course to cover the model core curriculum for healthcare interpreters which were developed by the Ministry of Health, Welfare, and Labor.
In this master course, you will acquire theoretical knowledge alongside the practical skills relevant to health care interpreting practice as well as culturally competent strategies and skills to effectively serve diverse and multi-lingual/cultural populations in the healthcare environment.
The program is one of the programs approved by the Japan Medical Education Foundation (JMEF) for their medical interpreting certification. This will prepare students for JMEF certification testing.
This program will benefit professional/semi-professional interpreters and health care administrative professionals who are interested in receiving master-level education to develop their ability to work and interact with lingually and culturally diverse patients and directly improve their health care outcomes.
Please also note our working languages for practical units are English and Chinese (Mandarin) only now.
- Graduate School of Medicine/Graduate School of Public Health
- Training System for Nurses Pertaining to Specified Acts
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech,Language and Hearing Sciences
- Orthoptics and Visual Sciences
- Assistive Technology Science
- Radiological Science
- Clinical Science in Embryology
- Education and Management in Health and Welfare
- Medical Laboratory Science
- Health Service Management
- Disaster risk management for health
- Health Information Analyst/Health Information Management and Analysis
- International Cooperation in Health and Welfare
- Development of Care and Network
- Health and Social Service
- Journalism on Health and Welfare Issues
- Health Care Interpreting and International Health Service Management
- Clinical Psychology in Health and Welfare
- Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences/Graduate School of Pharmacy